It can be difficult to know where to start. Getting active is so important, so do you want to take part, but don’t know how to get past some of the most common barriers?
Read below for some no-frills advice pushing through some of life’s most common barriers.
No time to get active
- Make an action plan
- Spend more time with family and friends and be active with them
- Fit physical activity into everyday activities, e.g., dancing around the kitchen whilst cooking dinner
- Be active when travelling, e.g., wheel to the shops instead of getting the bus
Lack of support or access
- Find a partner you’d like to do physical activity with
- Connect with your organisations in your local community to find out about accessible opportunities
- In poor weather, try exercising with a video or with the resources
- If you have a personal budget, see if you could use this to take part in physical activity or sport